SUPERVISED BY: Volunteer Coordinator or other staff
PURPOSE OF JOB: Prepare mailings connected with:
1) events and/or public programs of the Truman Presidential Library & Museum for promotional purposes; and
2) fundraising efforts of the Truman Library Institute to promote involvement opportunities.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Labeling envelopes.
- Collating material to be inserted into envelopes.
- Matching names on envelopes with names on letterheads to be inserted.
- Folding envelope contents.
- Inserting materials into envelopes.
- Sealing envelopes.
- Placing postage on envelopes.
A minimum commitment of two shifts a month (provided that many mailings are going out) for a 9-12 month period is required. Volunteers will be contacted to help as needed before a mailing is scheduled to be sent out.
Must be age 16 or older
Enjoy meeting/working with other people
Reliable, responsible, and flexible
Able to work in a group setting
Able to accept supervision
Capable of performing repetitive tasks with attention to detail
Basic reading material on the life and times of Harry S. Truman
At least one tour of the museum
Showing of the Charles Guggenheim film
On-the-job training provided by Truman Library staff
LOCATION OF JOB:
Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum, Independence, Missouri
Knowledge about Harry S. Truman, the Library and Museum, and the educational aspects offered to visitors through a variety of programs/exhibits; discount prices in the museum gift shop; invitations to special events; volunteer appreciation programs; free parking; free subscription to "Whistle-Stop," the quarterly newsletter of the Harry S. Truman Library Institute; free admission to the museum for you and your immediate family.