School group visits are arranged for groups of 15 or more students in grades three and up. We encourage guided tours for students which are led by a trained docent but non-guided tours are also a possibility.
Elementary School Groups should allow 60-75 minutes for the tour. Middle and High School groups should allow 75-90 minutes for the tour.
The following inquiry-based theme tours are available:
- Elementary: What do Truman’s actions and decisions tell you about his character?
- Middle: How did changes in technology influence Truman’s life and presidency?
- Adults and High School: How did Truman's past prepare him for the presidency and the decisions he made?
- Adults and High School: How did wars and conflicts affect Truman’s life and presidency?
Teachers can use our online form to make a reservation.
Visits can be arranged for youth groups of 15 or more children. Check our exhibition schedule before you book your visit.
Guided tours requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance and will only be extended to groups of 15 or more. If requesting a guided tour, please allow 1 ½ hours for the tour. Check our exhibition schedule before you book your visit.
Of Special Note:
Group visits, guided or non-guided, must be pre-arranged in advance to take advantage of the group rate. All reservations made, whether school, youth, or adult, that request a guided tour must be booked four weeks in advance due to the scheduling of volunteer docents. Groups should also allow extra time to visit the museum store.
- Education packets are mailed to all teachers who book a guided tour.
- If you are interested in booking a group call 816-268-8221.