The Museum is now open, group tours will be available in May, 2022.
School group visits are arranged for groups of 15 or more students in grades three and up. We encourage guided tours for students which are led by a trained docent but non-guided tours are also a possibility.
Elementary School Groups should allow 60-75 minutes for the tour. Middle and High School groups should allow 75-90 minutes for the tour.
The following inquiry-based theme tours are available:
- Elementary: How does Truman's past reflect his actions toward Civil Rights?
- Elementary: What do Truman’s actions and decisions tell you about his character?
- Middle: How did changes in technology influence Truman’s life and presidency?
- Middle: How did the Constitution influence Truman's life and presidency?
- Adults and High School: How did Truman's past prepare him for the presidency and the decisions he made?
- Adults and High School: How did wars and conflicts affect Truman’s life and presidency?
Teachers can use our online form to make a reservation.
Visits can be arranged for youth groups of 15 or more children. Check our exhibition schedule before you book your visit.
Guided tours requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance and will only be extended to groups of 15 or more. If requesting a guided tour, please allow 1 ½ hours for the tour. Check our exhibition schedule before you book your visit.
Of Special Note:
Group visits, guided or non-guided, must be pre-arranged in advance to take advantage of the group rate. All reservations made, whether school, youth, or adult, that request a guided tour must be booked four weeks in advance due to the scheduling of volunteer docents. Groups should also allow extra time to visit the museum store.
- Education packets are mailed to all teachers who book a guided tour.
- If you are interested in booking a group call 816-268-8221.