Size: 3 linear feet, 11 linear inches.
Copyright: The donor gave to the U.S. government the copyrights in this material and in any other material received by the U.S. government and maintained in a depository administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. Documents created by U.S. government officials in the course of their official duties are in the public domain. Copyright interest in other documents presumably belongs to the creators of those documents, or their heirs.
Processed by: Jerry N. Hess (1961); Jan Davis and David Clark (2016).
Box 1GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Civil Service Commission
- Form letters
- Guide to files
- Position descriptions
- Records management
- Clerical - secretarial
- Legal counsel
- Public relations specialist
- Applications - inactive
Box 2NIMITZ, FLEET ADMIRAL C. W. - CHAIRMAN
- Nimitz, Fleet Admiral - Personal
- Congratulatory Letters
- Invitations (to Admiral Nimitz)
- Requests for autographs and photographs
- Commissioners (List)
- Block, Rt. Rev. Karl Morgan
- Danaher, Senator John A.
- Firestone, Harvey S., Jr.
- Leahy, William E.
- Leffingwell, Russell C.
- Morgan, Edmund Morris, Jr.
- Silver, Charles H.
- Strauss, Anna Lord
- Walsh, Most Rev. Emmet M.
Box 3RELATIONS WITH OTHER AGENCIES AND INDIVIDUALS
- American Legion
- Atomic Energy Commission
- Conflict-of-Interest statute
- Congressional cooperation
- Ford Foundation
- Hand, Judge Learned
- Interdepartmental Commission on Internal Security
- Loyalty Review Board
- Sokolsky, George E.
- White House
- Agenda for meetings
- Appointment of Commission
- Indexes - Federal Employee Loyalty Program
- Interim reports
- Legal counsel lists
- Material sent to Commission
- Press releases - public statements
Box 4ACTION PENDING
- Cooperation offered
- General Counsel - attention of
- Letters to be circulated to the commission
- Material to be sent to commissioners
- Mailing list requests (for press releases)
- Personal problems
- Public opinion
- Study problems
Box 5ALPHABETICAL FILE - MISCELLANEOUS CORRESPONDENCE
- Alphabetical file - miscellaneous correspondence - A-Z
- Spindle copies No. 1 (letters sent), February 1 - April 30, 1951
- Spindle copies No. 2 (letters sent), May 1 - November 28, 1951
- Minutes of Meetings
- Minutes of the first meeting - February 12-15, 1951
- Minutes of the second meeting - April 3-4, 1951
- Minutes of the third meeting - May 7-8, 1951
- Pearl Smith (files of) (copies of the minutes of the meetings)
Box 6GENERAL COUNSEL
- Minutes of meetings
- Earl, Elliott
- Hagood, Major Lee
- Industrial plant security
- Simering, C.L.
Box 7SCRAPBOOKS OF NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS
- Press Clippings February - October, 1951
- Press Clippings re. Commission - January - November, 1951
- Press Clippings re. Subversive Activities Control February - September, 1951
- Press Clippings re. Subversive Activities Control October - November, 1951
- Card File
- Official Actions