Size: 16 linear feet.
Copyright: The donor gave to the U.S. government the copyrights in this material and in any other material received by the U.S. government and maintained in a depository administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. Documents created by U.S. government officials in the course of their official duties are in the public domain. Copyright interest in other documents presumably belongs to the creators of those documents, or their heirs.
Processed by: Jerry N. Ness (1961); David Clark (2012).
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: General Administration
- Production board for work control
- Budget and finance
- Minutes of meetings
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Organization
- Appointment of Commission
- Biographical material
- White House social list
- Organization charts
- Background information
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Personnel
- Data re staff possibilities: General (A-Z)
- Data re staff possibilities: Consultants (A-Z)
- Staff personnel files (A-Z)
- Security investigations
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Hearings Before the Commission
- Schedules: Daily, with weekly recap
- Schedules: Public hearings
- Schedules: Executive sessions
- Reporting service
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Records and Reference Service
- Security of information
- Access to records
- Information notebooks
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Reference Material
- Material in Commission library
- Classified material borrowed from other agencies
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Publicity re Commission
- Press Conference
- News clippings (July & August 1947)
- News clippings (September 1947)
- News clippings (October 1947)
- News clippings (November 1947)
- News clippings (December 1947)
- Pictures of Commission
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Relations with other agencies
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: Relations with and information re Congressional Aviation Policy Board
- Organization and background
- Staff memoranda
- September 15: Air Transport Association: Land, E.S., et. al. [1 of 2]
- September 15: Air Transport Association: Land, E.S., et. al. [1 of 2]
- September 16: American Airlines: - Smith, C. R.
- September 16: American Overseas Airlines: - Slater, John
- September 16: Chicago and Southern Airlines: - Putnam, Carleton
- September 17: Braniff Airways, Inc.: - Braniff, T.E.
- September 17: Chadbourne, Wallace, Parke, & Whiteside: - Brophy, Gerald
- September 17: Commerce Department: - Alison, John R.
- September 17: Eastern Air Lines: - Rickenbacker, E.V.
- September 17: Capital Airlines: - Monro, C. Bedell
- September 17: Transcontinental & Western Air, Inc.: - Cohu, La Motte T.
- September 22: Air Cargo, Inc.: - Glass, Fred M.
- September 22: Air Freight Forwarder Assn.: - Dean, Allen
- September 22: Council of Local Service Airlines: - Garside, Joseph
- September 22: Independent Airfreight Assn.: - Slick, Earl
- September 23: Burden, W.A.M. (former Assistant Secretary of Commerce)
- September 23: International Civil Aviation Organization: - Kuter, Laurence S., Maj. Gen.
- September 23: National Aviation Trades Assn.: - Howard, Beverly, et. al.
- September 23: United Air Lines, Inc.: - Patterson, W. A.
- September 24: Aeronautical Radio, Inc.: - Rentzel, D. W.
- September 24: Atlantic Airlines, Inc.: - Solomon, S. J.
- September 24: Independent Air Carriers Conference: -- Klak, John J.
- September 24: Pacific Overseas Airlines: - Brent, Joseph
- September 24: Sea-Air Committee: - Ford, Tirey L.
- September 29: Aircraft Industries Assn.: - Echols, Oliver P.
- September 29: Bell Aircraft Corp.: - Bell, Lawrence D.
- September 29: Cessna Aircraft Co.: - Wallace, Dwane L.
- September 29: Curtiss-Wright Corp.: Richardson, L.B., Adm.
- September 29: Fairchild Engine & Airplane Corp.: - Ward, J. Carleton, Jr.
- September 29: Republic Aircraft Corp.: - Peale, Mundy I.
- September 29: Sikorsky Aircraft Div., United Aircraft: - Sikorsky Igor I.
- September 30: Allison Division, General Motors Corp: - Hazen, Ronald M.
- September 30: Bendix Aviation Corp.: - Ferguson, Malcolm P.
- September 30: Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corp.: - Lombard, Albert E.
- September 30: Boeing Aircraft Co.: - Allen, William M.
- September 30: Curtiss-Wright Corp.: - Vaughan, Guy W.
- September 30: Douglas Aircraft Co., Inc.: - Hunt, Ralph V.
- September 30: Martin, Glenn L., Co.: - Martin, Glenn L.
- September 30: North American Aviation, Inc.: - Kindleberger, James H.
- September 30: Northrop Aircraft, Inc.: - Northrop, John K.
- September 30: United Aircraft Corp.: - Horner, Horace Mansfield
- October 1: Engineering and Research Corp.: - Berliner, Henry A.
- October 1: Continental, Inc.,: - Fulton, Robert E., Jr.
- October 1: Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corp.:-Swirbul, Leon A.
- October 1: Murray, Roger F. (Bankers Trust Co., N.Y.)
- October 1: Pan American Airways System: - Trippe, Juan
- October 2: Pan American - Grace Airways, Inc.: - Roig, Harold J.
- October 14: Aircraft Industries Assn.: - Echols, Oliver P., Maj. Gen.
- October 14: Allison Div., - General Motors Corp.: - Clevering, Richard B.
- October 14: Fairchild Engine and Airplane Corp.: - Ward, J. Carleton, Jr.
- October 14: Lockheed Aircraft Corp.: - Gross, Robert E.
- October 14: Piasecki Helicopter Corp.: - Piasecki, F.N.
- October 14: Rosenheim, H. H. (formerly of Army Air Force)
- October 14: Sperry Gyroscope Co.: - Bassett, Preston R.
- October 15: Aviation Maintenance Corp.: - Stunkel, Reagan C.
- October 15: Cal-Aero Technical Institute: - Mosley, C.C.
- October 15: U.S. Flying Boats: - Schildhauer, G.H., Capt
- October 15: Weber Showcase & Fixture Co.: - Buckley, Charles B.
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [1 of 6]
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [2 of 6]
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [3 of 6]
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [4 of 6]
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [5 of 6]
- October 20: Civil Aeronautics Administration: - Wright, T.P. [6 of 6]
- October 20: National Assn. of State Aviation Officials: - Cornish, C.F., et al.
- October 20: Port of New York Authority: Buckley, James C.
- October 20: Port of New York Authority: Law, Hervey
- October 21: Air Reserve Assn. of U.S.: - Lewis, William C.
- October 21: Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe R.R.: - Gurley, F.G.
- October 21: Douglas Aircraft Co., Inc.: - Raymond, A.E.
- October 21: National Aeronautics Assn.: - Pogue, L. Welch
- October 27: Civil Aeronautics Board: - Landis, James M., et al. [1 of 3]
- October 27: Civil Aeronautics Board: - Landis, James M., et al. [2 of 3]
- October 27: Civil Aeronautics Board: - Landis, James M., et al. [3 of 3]
- October 27: Post Office Department: - Aiken, Paul, et al
- October 28: Minnesota, University of: - Akerman, John D.
- October 28: Association of American Railroads: - Fletcher, R.V., Judge
- October 28: Boston and Maine Railroad: - Glacey, George F.
- October 28: Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy Railroad CO., - James, Russell B.
- October 28: Illinois Central Railroad: - Webb, R.A.
- October 28: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics: - Dryden, Hugh L., Dr.
- October 28: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics: Victory, John F.
- October 28: Railway Express Agency, Inc: - Merritt, K.N.
- October 28: Research and Development Board: - Bush, Vannevar, Dr.
- October 29: De Florez Engineering Co.: - De Florez, Louis
- October 29: Douglas Aircraft Co., Inc.: - Douglas, Donald W.
- October 29: Western Council of Local Service Airlines: - Hicks, Gwin, et al
- October 29: Willis Air Service, Inc.: - Willis, Chas. F., Jr.
- October 30: Goodyear Aircraft Corp.: - Litchfield, Paul W., et al
- October 30: Rosehdahl, C.E. -(Vice Admiral, USN (Ret)
- November 11: Army, U.S.: - Eisenhower, Dwight, Gen.
- November 11: Brownell, George A. - (Brig. Gen., USA (Ret))
- November 12: Navy, U.S.: - Nimitz, Chester W., Adm.
- November 17: Air Force, U.S.: - Spaatz, Carl, Gen.
- November 17: Columbia University: - Berle, Adolph A.
- November 18: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: - Compton, Karl T.
- November 18: Patterson, Robert P. (formerly Assistant Secretary of War)
- November 24: American Airlines: - Damon, Ralph S. November 24: United Steelworkers of America: - McDonald, David
- November 28: Nelson, Donald M. (formerly of W.P.B.)
- November 28: Air Force, Department of: - Symington, W. Stuart
- November 28: Commerce Department: - Harriman, W. Averell
- December 1: de Seversky, Alexander P. (as an individual)
- December 1: National Air Council: - Davison, F. Trubee
- December 1: State Department: - Lovett, Robert A.
- December 2: Airline Pilots Assn.: - Behncke, David L.
- December 2: Army, Department of the: Royall, Kenneth C.
- December 2: Navy, Department of the: - Sullivan, John L.
- December 3: Gates, Artemus L. (formerly Assistant Secretary of Navy)
- December 3: Defense, Secretary of: - Forrestal, James
EXECUTIVE SESSIONS, INFORMAL MEETINGS, AND BRIEFS AND STATEMENTS FILED WITHOUT HEARING
- August 18: Joint Chiefs of Staff
- August 19: Lovett, Robert (Under Secretary of State): Symington, Stuart (Secretary of Air Force Dept): Vandenberg, Gen. (Army Air Force)
- August 22: Aircraft Industries Assn. - Echols, Oliver P.
- September 8: Harriman, W. Averell (Secretary of Commerce)
- September 8: Norton, Garrison (as Chairman, Air Coordinating Committee)
- September 8: Norton, Garrison (as Assistant Secretary of State
- September 8: Foster, William C. (Under Secretary of Commerce); Al