Size: 38 linear feet.
Copyright: The donor gave to the U.S. government the copyrights in this material and in any other material received by the U.S. government and maintained in a depository administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. Documents created by U.S. government officials in the course of their official duties are in the public domain. Copyright interest in other documents presumably belongs to the creators of those documents, or their heirs.
Processed by: Willie L. Harriford, Jr. (1962); Mary Ann Blaufuss (1968); Dennis E. Bilger (1980); C. W. Ohrvall and C.E. Boerner (1982).
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, 1947-1950, AND SPECIAL COUNSEL TO THE PRESIDENT, 1950-1953: Chronological File
- January 1952 - January 1953 (9 folders)
- Democratic platform, July 1952 (2 folders)
- Justice Department
- Keyserling, Leon
- Krock, Arthur - interview with the President, New York Times, February 15, 1950
- Labor-Management Relations At of 1947 (2 folders)
- Legislation-Status of, 1947-1950
- Loeb, James
- Loyalty Board, White House
- Memos - Big Four meetings
- North Carolina Society of Washington, D.C. - 1950
- Pacific Islands
- Presidential powers
- Presidential powers, Is a Congressional Committee entitled to demand and receive information and papers from the President and the Heads of Departments which they deem confidential in the public interest?
- Presidential powers to send U.S. troops abroad
- Presidential elections and succession
- Railroad reorganization
- Railway postal pay allegations
- Special Counsel - Swearing in and
- State of the Union message, 1953 (press release)
- Trips of the President, 1948-1952
- Vatican, U.S. Representation to the
- Vice Presidential Candidate - 1948 Selection of Democratic
- Vote, Commission on Exercise of Right to
- Voting records, (Congressional)
- Western "Non-Political" trip of the President, June 3-18, 1948
- White House Invitations and Programs
- Acherson, Eugene Jr.
- Agronsky, Martin
- Bell, David
- Birthday greetings - C.S. Murphy
- Boyle, William
- Cherry, R. Grey - Governor of North Carolina
- Clark, C.I.
- Clifford, Clark
- Congress, 78th, 79th, 80th
- Congratulations on appointment as Special Counsel (2 folders)
- Congratulations not answered
- Collet, Hon. John Caskie
- Cook, Robert N.
- Daniels, Jonathan
- Dawson, Donald
- Democratic National Committee - Charles S. Murphy
- Democratic National Committee - 1953-1954
- Democratic National Committee - 1954
- Democratic National Committee - 1955
- Democratic National Committee
- Eisenhower, Dwight D.
- Elsey, George
- Federal Trade Commission
- Finley, Robert C.
- Gabrielson, Guy
- Graham, Frank P.
- Gorman, Mike
- Gray, Gordon
- Gross, Bertram
- Hansen, Donald
- Harris, Robert G.
- Harriman, Averell
- Harriman, campaign speeches of Averell - 1954 (2 folders)
- Hassett, W. D.
- Hechler, Kenneth W.
- Jobs, requests for
- Johnston, Eric
- Kayle, Milton
- Legal memos-miscellaneous
- Lloyd, David D. (White House)
- Lowenthal, Max
- Lowry, W. McNeil
- Maggs, Douglas
- Marsh, Maj. Samuel W.
- Morison (H. Graham)
- Munro, Walter
- Murphy, Charles - pamphlets
- Murphy - Summer cottage
- Perlman, Philip B.
- Robbins, Haywood
- Robinson, John D., Dr. and Mrs.
- Roosevelt, President - Speeches, July - November 1944
- Rosenman, Samuel I.
- Ruark, Rev. Henry G.
- Ruak, Samuel W.
- Rules - House of Representatives and Senate
- Secret papers (Index 2/14/52)
- Short, Joseph
- Spingarn, Stephen J. - Federal Trade Commission (2 folders)
- Spingarn, Stephen J. - White House
- State Department of
- Steelman, Dr. (John R.)
- Stowe, David H.
- Sweetland, Monroe
- Truman, President (2 folders)
- President's life story
- Truman's speech on Public Power, 1952 campaign
- Truman - memos to and from the President, 1947-1952 (5 folders)
- Lists of speeches and messages of President Truman - from April 1948 to January 1953
- Truman - Brownwell
- Vaughan, Gen. Harry H.
- White, Harry Dexter
- White House
- Williams, David J.
- Williams, James T.
- Williams (misc)
- Williamson, Ernest R.
- 1950 - January-May
- 1950 - June-December
- 1951 - January-May
- 1951 - June-December
- 1952 - January-May
- 1952 - June-December
- President Truman, 1953
- President Truman - ADA speech (February 5, 1954)
- Allowances for former Presidents and their widows, S1516-S607
- Truman visit - May 1954 - correspondence and schedule
- Truman speeches, 1954
- President Truman, 1954
- Truman speeches, 1955 - French Lick, Detroit, Chicago
- Truman speeches, 1955
- President Truman, 1955
- Truman visit, Scranton, Pa., March 17, 1956
- Truman campaign speeches, 1956
- Truman speeches, 1956 (folder 1)
- Truman speeches, 1956 (folder 2)
- Truman speeches, 1957
- President Truman, 1957
- President Truman - correspondence and schedules, 1958
- President Truman - campaign speeches, 1958 (folder 1)
- President Truman - campaign speeches, 1958 (folder 2)
- President Truman, 1958
- Truman speeches, 1958 (2 folders)
- Truman speeches, 1959
- President Truman, 1959 (folder 1)
- President Truman, 1959 (folder 2)
- President Truman, 1960
- Truman speeches, 1960 (2 folders)
- Truman speeches, (drafts) 1960
- Truman, Harry S. - 1961-1962
- Truman, Harry S. - 1963-1966
- Truman - press clippings, 1954-1956
- Truman - press clippings, 1958
- Truman - press clippings, 1960-1967
- Truman Library (3 folders)
- Truman, Miss Margaret
- 1967 - January-March
- 1967 - April-October
- 1969 - January-May
- 1969 - June-November
- 1976 - January-May
- 1976 - June-December
- 1977 - 78
- Conference - May 5-7, 1977 (2 folders)
- Conference - May 5-7, 1977 - papers submitted (3 folders)
- Truman papers
- Congratulatory Messages - CSM-USDA
- Murphy, Charles S. - personal-clippings
- Agriculture task force - 1964 (2 folders)
- Staff memoranda - Baker, John
- Staff memoranda - Barnes, Carl B.
- Staff memoranda - Barnes, George
- Staff memoranda - Birkhead, Kenneth (2 folders)
- Staff memoranda - Condon, Lester P.
- Staff memoranda - Cochrane, Willard
- Staff memoranda - Duncan, John
- Staff memoranda - Godfrey, Horace
- Staff memoranda - Hughes, Thomas R.
- Staff memoranda - Iones, Raymond
- Staff memoranda - Jacobs, E. E.
- Staff memoranda - Jacobson, Dorothy H.
- Staff memoranda - Leonard, Rodney E.
- Staff memoranda - Lewis, Robert
- Staff memoranda - Ralph, James
- Staff memoranda - Robertson, Joseph
- Staff memoranda - Schnittker, John A.
- Staff memoranda - Sundquist, J. L.
- Agriculture Conference on Policies and Programs - 1/26/61
- Agriculture message, Bill and Book (drafts)
- American Farm Bureau
- Clippings - agriculture
- Common Market (2 folders)
- Compendium of Comparisons
- Cotton (2 folders)
- Eleanor Roosevelt Memorial Foundation
- Farm Program
- Feed and Grain Conference - Atlanta, Georgia - March 27, 1961
- Files sent to the Secretary's Records
- Food Stamp Program
- Geneva tariff negotiations
- Grain storage - fountain committee, testimony, 1962
- International wheat agreement
- Job applicants
- Manldin, Edward F.
- Murphy, Charles S. - Nomination as Under Secretary of Agriculture
- Organizational Chart - U.S.D.A.
- Study Committee
- Sugar (2 folders)
- Virgin Islands Corporation
- American Bar Association Liaison Committee on Law - Library of Congress
- Aero Club of Washington
- Advisory Council on Presidential Selection
- Article of Flight Magazine
- Balance of Payments
- Beaches, Henry Ward Farms
- Campbell College
- Citizen's Committee for Peace under Freedom in Vietnam
- Civil liberties
- Civil rights
- Coalition for a Democratic Majority
- Committee on Atomic Energy Law (Bar Assoc. of D.C.)
- Committee on Drafting - American Bar Association
- Committee on Legislation - Conference on Administrative Procedure
- Committee on Lobbying - D.C. Bar Association
- Commission on Family Farm Credit
- Committee on Presidential Inability - D.C. Bar Association
- Contributions (2 folders)
- Corporation working papers
- Creative Tour Operations Association
- Democratic National Committee - 1954 National Advisory Council
- Democratic Digest
- Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, 1954
- Democratic National Committee - Labor Lists
- Democratic National Committee - 1954 - Labor
- Democratic National Committee - 1955 - Labor
- Democratic Achievement Luncheon
- Democratic Assembly
- Democratic National Committee, 1956-1959
- Democratic National Committee, 1960-1962
- Democratic National Committee, 1965-1966
- Democratic National Committee, 1967-1977
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - index
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - meetings and agendas
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - authorization, purposes and organization
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - policy statements
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - minutes of meetings, January 1959 - June 1960
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - working papers, November 1956 - December 1957
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - working papers, January-November 1958
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - working papers, December 1958 - June 1959
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - working papers, July-December, 1959
- Democratic National Committee Advisory Council - 1960
- Democratic National Committee - Name lists
- Democratic Convention - 1960
- Democratic Campaign - 1960
- Democratic Club - Women's National (addresses to)
- Democratic (and Republican) platforms
- Democratic platform - 1968
- Department of Transportation
- Ford Hall Forum
- Foreign Policy
- Foreign Trade
- Great Plains Administration
- Industry - Government special travel task force
- Jump, William A. Memorial Foundation - 1967
- Legislative proposals for the 84th Congress
- Mexican oil
- Murphy - expenses - Harriman campaign & others
- Murphy, Charles - misc.
- Mutual Security Program (Eric Johnston)
- National Aviation Club - 1966-1968
- National Capital Democratic Club - 1956
- National Capital Democratic Club - 1957-1958
- National Capital Democratic Club - 1959-1966
- Presidential Prayer Breakfast - February 7, 1963
- Research Project
- San Antonio, Texas - Visit to - 1967
- Security risks
- Smear tactics - political libel
- Social legislation
- Wings Club Luncheon - September 21, 1966
- Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America, Jacob S. Potofsky, Pres.
- Americans for Democratic Action
- Announcement letters received, Murphy law practice, 1953