Size: 7 linear feet.
Copyright: The donor gave to the U.S. government the copyrights in this material and in any other material received by the U.S. government and maintained in a depository administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. Documents created by U.S. government officials in the course of their official duties are in the public domain. Copyright interest in other documents presumably belongs to the creators of those documents, or their heirs.
Processed by: Dennis E. Bilger (1979).
- Appointment as Under Secretary of the Navy
- Awards - Certificate of Merit - Economic Stabilization Agency, 1951
- Awards - Navy Department, 1945-1952
- Congressional statements
- Invitations, August-September 1951
- McCarthy, Joseph R., Award to
- Naval Academy
- Naval Photographic Service - photographs of the USS Missouri
- Navy Department - Management Manpower - Housing Committee
- Navy Policy - Navy League statement, June 19, 1952
- Quasi - official
- Roster - United States Navy
- Shepherd, General Lemuel C.
- Trips, 1951
- Trips, 1952
- Under Secretary of the Navy
- Under Secretary of the Navy - resignation as
- Warren, Governor Fuller
- Whitehair, Francis P. - miscellaneous
- Whitehair, Francis P. - newspaper clippings re Navy service (3 folders)
- 1952 (2 volumes)
- Telephone calls, 1951
- Correspondence, A-F
- Correspondence, G-M
- Correspondence, P-S
- Correspondence, T-W
- General Orders
- Legislative amendments, 1950-1951
- Litigation cases, correspondence re
- Office of Price Administration, correspondence re, 1945-1951
- Organization and staff
- Organizational charts
- Personnel, correspondence re
- Personnel - organization of General Counsel's staff - correspondence re, 1951
- Personnel - organization of General Counsel's staff - draft memoranda and notes
- Personnel - recommendations for positions - correspondence re 1950-1951 (2 folders)
- Press releases
- Reports - correspondence re - 1950-1952
- Reports (2 folders)
- Wage Stabilization Board - Wage Stabilization Program, 1950-1953 (3 volumes)
- 1951: February 26 - City of New York Bar
- 1951: March 31 - Law Institute - New York City
- 1951: April 20 - Commonwealth Club - San Francisco
- 1951: August 19 - Cuba Day, Miami, Florida
- 1951: August 31 - Chincoteague, Virginia
- 1951: September 11 - International Association of Machinists
- 1951: September 20 - Naval Air Station - Los Alamitos, California
- 1951: October 1 - Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida
- 1951: October 11 - Military Order of the World Wars, Washington, D.C.
- 1951: October 20 - Veterans of Foreign Wars - New York City
- 1951: November 2 - Dedication of Sherman Field, Pensacola, Florida
- 1951: November 2 - National Association of Supervisors, Pensecola, Florida
- 1951: November 3 - University of Tampa
- 1951: November 6 - Democratic rally, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1951: November 7 - Washington, D.C. Chapter of Zonta
- 1951: November 9 - Camp LeJeune, North Carolina
- 1951: November 15 - National Council of Business and Professional Men, New York City
- 1951: November 16 - Floyd Bennett Field, New York City
- 1951: November 19 - Women's Democratic National Council, Washington, D.C.
- 1951: December 4 - Florida State Society, Washington, D.C.
- 1951: December 7 - All American Conference, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1951: December 13 - Meninak Club - Jacksonville, Florida
- 1951: December 13 - Jacksonville Naval Air Reserve Training Unit
- 1951: December 14 - Vessel Recommissioning, Green Cove Springs, Florida
- 1952: January 14 - Navy Department Manpower Training Conference, Washington, D.C.
- 1952: January 20 - Stetson University, DeLand, Florida
- 1952: January 30 - Navy Chaplains Dinner, Washington, D.C.
- 1952: February 11 - National Association of Supervisors - Washington D.C.
- 1952: February 15 - Briefing for labor leaders on Navy and naval policy, The Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- 1952: March 10 - Red Cross Fund Drive
- 1952: April 7 - Joint Civilian Orientation Conference, Pensacola, Florida
- 1952: May 1 - Military Sea Transportation Service (MSTS) Presentations - New York City
- 1952: May 2 - Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island (2 folders)
- 1952: May 7 - Marine Corps School - Quantico, Virginia
- 1952: May 9 - Chaplain Goldberg Service - New York City
- 1952: May 15 - Armed Forces Day - Vallejo, California
- 1952: May 17 - Armed Forces Day - Denver, Colorado
- 1952: May 21 - Armed Forces Day - luncheon - Rotary Club, Washington, D.C.
- 1952: June 17 - Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- 1952: July 2 - Monterey, California
- 1952: August 12 - Boston, Massachusetts
- 1952: September 9 - New York City
- 1952: September 25 - Joint Civilian Orientation Course, Washington, D.C.
- 1952: September 27 - New Smyrna, Florida
- 1952: September 28 - DeLand, Florida
- 1952: October 13 - San Antonio, Texas
- 1952: October 14 - Cleveland, Ohio
- 1952: October 22 - Military Order of the World Wars, Coral Gables, Florida
- 1952: October 31 - Management Improvement Institute
- 1952: November 7 - Pensecola, Florida
- 1952: November 13 - 15th Joint Civilian Oritentation Conference
- 1952: November 18 - Pentagon
- 1952: November 19 - New Orleans, Louisiana
- 1952: December 13 - Quantico, Virginia
- 1953: January 8 - Washington, D.C.
- 1953: January 14 - New York City
- Speeches, Miscellaneous, 1953-1959
- Statement of Francis P. Whitehair before Congress (binder)
- Material for scrapbook concerning Francis P. Whitehair's Navy Department career
- Photographs transferred to the audiovisual collection